20 Easy Ways To Prevent Wrinkles
Wrinkles. They are the bane of so many people’s existence. In fact, the beauty industry rakes in millions on wrinkle creams, serums and elixirs. Even though aging is a natural process and wrinkles come well deserved, there are those who wish to keep those wrinkles away.
Wrinkles are caused by the natural reduction in the amount of collagen and elastin the body produces. Collagen and elastin are what keep skin firm and smooth. Although nothing can stop this decline from occurring, there are a few things you can do to help slow down the process.
The following are:
20 EASY WAYS TO PREVENT WRINKLES…. OR AT LEAST SLOW THEM DOWN ANYWAY.
1. Stop smoking. (For obvious reasons)
2. Use sunscreen daily, even in winter and on cloudy, overcast days.
3. Develop a skin care routine using products formulated for your skin type.
4. Drink less alcohol.
5. Get enough sleep. Those 7-8 hours every night are so very important.
6. Incorporate aloe Vera into your skin care routine. Aloe is a natural moisturizer that prevents dryness and improves skin elasticity.
7. Start taking care of you skin early. Yes, even 20-year-old should take care of their skin.
8. Invest in a good eye cream or serum and apply it nightly.
9. Vitamin C helps boost collagen production, so eat a lot of citrus fruit or take a supplement.
10. Exfoliate regularly. Dead skin cells can accumulate around the eyes, making wrinkles appear more prominent.
11. Honey isn’t just for tea. It also makes for a simple, yet effective skin mask. Once a week, apply a mask of honey and lemon juice and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
12. Dab a few drops of a natural oil such as jojoba oil or coconut oil around your eye before going to bed.
13. Use products with natural ingredients.
14. Get professional help. A dermatologist can help with any serious skin care concerns and regular visits to an esthetician can help ward off wrinkles.
15. Drink water. Aim for 8 glasses a day.
16. Use skin creams that are high in antioxidants and contain AHA’s.
17. Moisturize your skin. Even those with oily skin should use an oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer.
18. Eat foods like fish that are rich in fatty acids.
19. Practice self-care. Selfcare helps reduce stress, a major cause of aging.
20. Avoid squinting.
Preventing wrinkles doesn’t require some miracle cream or new age skin care treatment. If you start taking preventative measures early, you can ward off wrinkles and aging skin. The 20 easy tips above are a great way to start to prevent wrinkles.
Want to know more about getting great glowing skin? Check out the blog post, “7 Steps for Healthy, Younger Looking Skin” on the ExtenCity lifestyle and beauty blog.