Hair is important to us all, whether we care to admit it or not. Beautiful hair is an indicator of good health and we often use our hair to convey certain looks and moods. People regularly visit salons and spend hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars annually on hair care and hair styling products. All products claim to provide your hair with amazing benefits, but if you’re failing to follow the basics of a healthy hair routine, no product will work to its full potential. So, what are the basics of a healthy hair routine? We’ve compiled a list of the 10 big don’ts for healthy, shiny and strong hair.
1. Don’t be a product junky. The use of too many products does nothing for the hair and only creates pore clogging buildup.
2. Leave your bangs alone. Never attempt to cut your bangs yourself. You should leave all hair cutting to professionals, unless you’re shaving your arms or legs.
3. Protect your tresses from summer damage. Summer time is a fun time, but the excessive exposure to the sun, and both chlorinated and salt water, can leave the hair dull and damaged. If you can, try and limit your amount of time at the beach or the pool. If you’re a total beach bum, protect your hair with sun blocking oils and leave-in conditioner.
4. Carefully clarify. Limit your use of clarifying shampoos and products to once a week. Using clarifying products too frequently will strip the hair of moisture and essential oils, leaving it dry and brittle.
5. Not all hair professionals are created equally. If you’re in the market for a new stylist, be sure to choose one based on a referral from a trustworthy source. Picking a new salon or stylists based on a sales promotion or advertisements is a huge risk.
6. No Boxed Hair Color. Avoid boxed hair color at all costs. I know that they are affordable, easy and often provide great looking results, but coloring your hair at home is extremely damaging. You should seek out professional help whenever you want to change the color or add highlights to your hair.
7. Don’t be afraid of change. Too many times we stick with an old, outdated style because we’re afraid of how the change will make us look. Lose this fear and update your hairstyle regularly.
8. A clothing iron is for clothes. Never use a clothes iron to straighten you hair. I know your mom probably used one on hers before, but this isn’t 1975. Nowadays there are many different straightening methods and tools on the market and they’ll give you better results without all the damage.
9. Don’t brush while wet. Hair is most susceptible to damage when it is wet. Instead of brushing, use a wide tooth comb to gently remove knots and tangles from wet hair.
10. Say no to Sun-In. The use of sun lightening products, such as Sun-In or even lemon juice can leave your hair badly heat damaged.
Looking for a change of hairstyle? Is your hair damaged? Why not try one of our protective style wig units? We also have a wide variety of Premium Virgin Hair Wefts, Bundle Deals, Clip-ins, Closures and Frontals. Best part, FREE STANDARD SHIPPING. Log on to www.extencityhair.com